Using rules for signup notifications
CCK Signup is a fun module that is very drupal in the sense that it really just extends a bunch of modules you may already have. Here’s a brief tutorial on using Rules to handle some basic notifications. Say you want to know when someone has dropped a class.
- get a new rule set up and set the initial condition to be “After deleting content”
- Set the next condition to be “content has type”
- Select the signup type of content
- Lastly choose to send an email to an arbitrary email address – in this case let’s say it’s you, the webmaster
- Send the email. Thanks to the Tokens module you can reference content from the fields in the deleted content