Cusco, Peru - January 2014
To celebrate the freedom and cultural diversity of the Drupal Community.
- Hold an International Drupal event;
- Organizers from 10+ countries;
- Participants from 25+ countries;
- From 500 to 1000 participants.
- Fernando Garcia (Peru)
- Joaquin Bravo Contreras (Mexico)
-- ? JMolivas
-- ? Manuel Encarnación
- Nick Vidal (Brasil)
-- Pedro Faria
-- Leandro Nunes
-- Renato Vasconcelos
-- Paulino Michelazzo
- Karim Boudjema (Bolivia)
-- Cristian Denis Mamani Torres
- Felix Delattre (Nicaragua)
- Darwin Betancourt (Ecuador)
- Aldibier Morales Morales (Colombia)
-- ? Alberto Gavis
-- ? Ivan Chaquea
- Javier Reartes (Argentina)
-- ? Rosamunda
-- Victor Kane
- Diego Tejera (Panama)
- Isaak Ordoñez (Guatemala)
-- Luis Fernando Dueñas de León
- Alberto Arancibia (Chile)
-- Saul Willers
- Pablo Avilés (Costa Rica)
- James Wilson (Haiti)
- Saúl Fernando Espinoza (El Salvador)
- Nancy Contreras
-- Heissen López Meléndez
-- Ruben Monrroy
-- Bonifacio Abad Chambilla Chura
-- Alberto Torreblanca
-- David Jeyachandran
-- ? Julita Inca
-- ? David Sauñe
-- ? Omar Zorrilla Llerena
-- ? Eduardo Telaya
-- ? Edward Gavidia
-- ? Luis Curo
- Pedro Cambra (Europe)
-- João Ventura (Portugal)
-- Morten Birch Heide-Jørgensen (Denmark)
-- Josef Dabernig (Austria)
- Greg Knaddison (North America)
-- Ariane Khachatourians
-- Jennifer Lampton
-- Stephanie El-Hajj
- Donna Benjamin (Australia)
- Joeri Poesen (Africa)
- ? (Asia)
?: support to be confirmed.
This is an open participation event. To have your name added to the list, just participate at:
Names are updated periodically according to participation. If you feel your name should be here, please contact:
Finances and Sponsorship
- Individual Ticket: 50 USD*
- Bronze Sponsorship: 1250 USD
- Silver Sponsorship: 2500 USD
- Gold Sponsorship: 5000 USD
*Free for all students thanks to Scholarship Fund.
Let’s be as frugal and inclusive as possible.
The city might offer the venue for free or discounted rate for cultural events.
Nancy and Fernando have the contacts with the Venue.
Lima has an excellent international airport and it's located exactly in the center of Latin America. Round-trip air tickets from Lima to Cusco cost from 100 to 200 USD (http://www.starperu.com/).
- Logo and Theme Contest submission deadline: July 28th, 2013
- Logo and Theme Contest results: August 1st, 2013
- Community Mosaic submission deadline: December 31st, 2013
- Late January 2014: DrupalPicchu 2014
Picchu means Summit in quechua (native indigenous language), so DrupalPicchu means DrupalSummit. This gives an original name to such an important historic event for the Drupal Latin Community.
This is where the first DrupalSummit Latino was celebrated. In terms of logistic, Lima has an excellent international airport and it's located exactly in the center of Latin America. Plus, there are no Visa requirements for most people in Latin America and the world. Also, the country is affordable and offers many cultural and touristic attractions.
It's near the world famous Machu Picchu. People from all over the world will enjoy coming together in this magic place.
The Drupal Latin Community is ready and committed to organize an international event. The cancellation of DrupalCon Sao Paulo by the Drupal Association was very frustrating and the community wants to show to the world that it has the power and the will to organize an event like this. We have many experienced community leaders, and Drupal events are popping up in Latin America at an incredible rate. We must foster this momentum and energy and take it to the next level! With your help, we can make it happen!
Why January 2014?
This date is exactly between DrupalCon Europe and DrupalCon North America.